If you use Microsoft’s Master Data Services Excel add-in, then you may have experienced this problem. Every time you start Excel the Master Data button has disappeared from the ribbon, and you have to enable the MDS add-in from the option menu each time. This was a time-consuming headache during a project I worked on until I finally figured out this solution:
- Press the Start button (Windows button)
- In the search bar type “REGEDIT”
- Open regedit.exe
- A pop-up will ask permission for the Registry Editor to make changes to the computer, select Yes.
- In the Registry Editor expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- In the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder, expand in the following order: Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> Excel -> Addins
- Select Microsoft.MasterDataServices.ExcelAddIn
- Double-click on LoadBehavior in the right panel
- In the Edit Value popup, change the value to 3
- Press OK, it should now look something like this:
- Exit the Registry Editor
The excel add-in should now be active anytime you open Excel. If multiple errors occur while using the add-in, the Load Behavior may change back to 0. If that occurs simply follow these steps so the add-in will be active when Excel starts up.
I hope this helps you get past this simple error before it gives you as much headache as it did me.